Segal Select Insurance, a subsidiary of The Segal Group, is the largest retail insurance broker dedicated to fiduciary liability insurance and fidelity bonds for multiemployer and public sector plans, which gives us unmatched recognition in the insurance marketplace. We are also experts in employment practice liability insurance and cyber liability insurance. We offer extensive experience obtaining insurance policies that offer broad coverage and competitive premiums.
Segal Select Insurance has been offering brokerage services since ERISA was enacted in 1975, and we were instrumental in developing the language of the original fiduciary liability insurance policy. We can also help trustees obtain union liability insurance, and through our strategic partners, we can even assist in certain traditional property and casualty insurance coverages.
A broker you can trust.
- Experience: Our staff includes eight licensed insurance brokers with over 100 years of aggregate experience and an average of almost 15 years per broker. Segal Select Insurance and our professional brokers maintain requisite insurance licenses nationwide.
- Knowledge: Our clients, fund counsels and insurance carrier underwriters recognize our technical knowledge of fiduciary liability insurance. We regularly provide technical communications and host educational webinars.
- Transparency: Segal Select is primarily compensated through commissions paid by the insurance carriers. Annually, we disclose to each client, in writing, the amount of commissions we received during the prior year for that client. Learn more about Segal Select’s Compensation for Insurance Brokerage Services.
- Service: We strive to provide excellent client service. With our specialized knowledge, we can explain complex coverage issues, respond to inquiries, and clearly and effectively communicate the technical aspects of these coverages to the board of trustees.
- Resources: We use a proprietary and confidential fiduciary liability insurance benchmarking database that currently analyzes the activities of more than 1,000 plans. Our benchmarking database — the most comprehensive of its kind — can help trustees and plan sponsors decide what limit of liability to purchase and evaluate the competitiveness of a quoted premium. Because this database is updated annually, it can also help identify limit of liability and premium trends.
Learn more about the Public Sector Services we offer.
Learn more about the Multiemployer Services we offer.
Learn more about Insurance.